This Smart AdapterTM has the following features:
- True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm - let camera automatically choose aperture in P or S exposure modes, or dial in yourself on the camera body in A or M modes.
- Powered by camera body. No external power source required.
- Wide open button (opposite of depth-of-field preview function) makes manual focusing easy.
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, Photo cam ball heads.
- High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply.
Enhancement on MARK IV vs. MARK III:
- The new design of inner housing in MARK IV has a bigger inner hole. Improving the Tilt shift lens preformance.
- The inner hole is painted with matt coating. This can further reduce the internal reflection.
EF lenses (see below for list of tested lenses)
EF-S lenses (see note 1)
Image stabilization (IS) lens
Electronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50/1.0L)
EXIF (focal length, aperture, zoom range)
P, A, S, M exposure modes
Autofocus (see autofocus support section below)
Distance and zoom display on VG and FS series camcorders (see note 3)
Auto magnify (see note 2)
Contax N mount lenses modified to Canon EF by Conurus
Contax 645 NAM-1 adapter modified to Canon EF by Conurus
Sigma, Tamron and Tokina lenses in Canon EF mount (see note 3)
Lens correction such as peripheral shading, CA and distortion
Focus confirmation "chip" (e.g. Dandelion)
Stacking another lens mount adapter on top (see note 4)
Lens: Tamron SP 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC
- A7S (Mark IV supports auto "APS-C Size Capture" with EF-S lens) - Smart Adapter with firmware V0.32 or later
- A7R (Mark IV supports auto "APS-C Size Capture" with EF-S lens)
- A7 (Mark IV supports auto "APS-C Size Capture" with EF-S lens)
- PXW-FS7(autofocus works only in photo mode, but is disabled in movie capture mode) - Smart Adapter with firmware V0.40 or later
- NEX-FS700 (autofocus works only in photo mode, but is disabled in movie capture mode)
- NEX-FS100 (autofocus works only in photo mode, but is disabled in movie capture mode)
- NEX-VG900 (Mark IV supports auto "APS-C Size Capture" with EF-S lens)